Thursday, 15 August 2013

Review: Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation


Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation - £25.50
Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer - Free Sample
The POREfessional Primer - Free Sample

Benefit cosmetics are notorious for being a little detrimental to the bank balance, and this £25.50 foundation is no different. I would usually not splurge this amount of money on make up, however in the pursuit of 'flawless' skin, and after reading countless reviews recommending this foundation, I thought I'd give it a go. Also, Benefit's packaging is to die for and always sways me, and the little 'O2's on the top of this product are so cute! The thing I love about the girls at the Benefit counter is they are so friendly and always test the products out on you first so you know what you are getting, and can find the best match for your complexion. I went with 'believe in me' ivory, which is the newest ivory shade, perfect for those with very pale skin with a slight pink undertone (hello Irish ancestry). I bought this foundation just before I went to Latitude, and what better place to test the lasting power and SPF of a new foundation than at a festival! It's sun protection actually impressed me, and I managed to not get any sunburn on my face! As far as lasting power is concerned, I felt like it didn't slip or melt off during the day, and my skin still felt and looked pretty good come night time. As the name 'Oxygen Wow' suggests, this foundation is really breathable, and my favourite thing about using it is my skin never gets break outs after wearing it every day. Lots of foundations I've used in the past cause my skin to look bad after, and usually feel really thick or oily on my skin, but I honestly can't feel anything when I use this foundation. And although it's very light, you can build up the coverage easily, making it the perfect foundation to wear both in the day, and for going out. The sample Stay Flawless Primer is meant to work in unison with the foundation, however I didn't really like the consistency of it and prefer to use Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer underneath as that feels lovely and creamy, and is nice and brightening. I tried the POREfessional Primer, and although it was quite good, it was no better than my Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur Primer, which also reduced pores, and is under £10. Although Benefit is expensive, there are some products that are just completely worth the money, and investing in a good foundation is totally worth it! I would definitely recommend Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation, it not only makes my skin look great, but feels good and lets my skin breath too! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the packaging and your pictures ! Seems like a good product !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it's pricey it's the best foundation I've ever used!
      x

      Delete
  2. So glad I checked out your blog, I love the fashion and beauty posts you do! I heard lots of positive review on this foundation but have yet to try. I'm loving my garnier combination bb cream, have you give it a go?

    Sparks In Spring / Stelle Nine Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the garnier BB cream but it wasn't pale enough for my skin, came out a tad orange and my skin is pale with a slight pinky/yellow tint to it. Aw, thank you so much! :)
      x

      Delete