Sunday, 23 June 2013

What's In My Bag?

MoneySupermarket are asking bloggers to tell them what's in their handbag, and how much it's worth, to be in with a chance of winning a Mulberry handbag, purse and phone case! Of course I'd love to own a Mulberry bag, along with the rest of the female population, but with six runners-up also receiving a £25 ASOS voucher, I thought I might as give it a go! I really like reading posts like this, and find it fascinating to see what others carry around in their handbags, and how much money they spend on filling it.
From designer handbags to sunglasses to expensive phones, MoneySupermarket reckon the average cost of a handbag and it's contents can add up to over £850!!
So, what's in my bag, and how much money am I really carrying on my arm?


The Handbag
Oversized Tote Bag - £16 Matalan

This handbag was a great buy! I spotted this in Matalan and had been looking for a oversized tote like this for a while, so was very pleased when I found this! I knew I wanted something with a shoulder strap, but had my eye on a few more expensive numbers from Zara and H&M. This bag is the perfect size, as I'm always hopping between my house, my boyfriend's house, and my uni flat, and needed something that can carry my spare clothes and toiletries. I also like how simple yet stylish this bag is, which is why I was so happy to find it in Matalan, and with student discount, it was such a bargain!

It's Contents
1. Gold Stag Purse - £12 Accessorize
2. Java A6 Notebook - £5 Papercase
3. Floral iPhone Case - £6 Ebay
4. Sunglasses - £16 Topshop
5. Shea Butter Handcream - (free in magazine) retails for £8 L'Occitane 
6. Vitamin E Lip Care - £4 The Body Shop
7. Bubblegum Lip Scrub - £5.25 Lush
8. Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips - £2 Boots
9. Leaf Hair Clip - £4 for 2 Accessorize
10. Floral Applique Make Up Bag - £6 Accessorize

I love my purse from Accessorize, which was one of my presents for Christmas from my parents, which I had spotted in the shops and asked for. It's so nice, I love it! I got my notebook from Paperchase (I have a bit of a Paperchase addiction) to write down ideas for my blog, to-do lists, wish list, and other such things! It's nice and small, great for carrying around in my bag. My floral iPhone case, which I found on Ebay, my mum got me when I got my iPhone and I love the pattern. It also does a really good job of protecting my phone as I've dropped it a stupid amount of times and it's never got damaged, even though iPhones are notorious for smashing. Topshop are great for sunglasses and I find it quite hard to find a pair that suit my face but I really like these! I like to have moisturised hands that smell nice so the L'Occitane handcream is great and the perfect size to carry around. As I've mentioned in my previous post about lip products, I have very dry lips, and so I always carry my lip scrub, Body Shop chap stick and Vaseline! Lip balms are very important handbag essentials! The leaf hair clips are so cute and I always carry one around in case I want to clip back my hair. My floral make up bag is a new addition, and I think is actually a pencil case! I'd had the same old make up bag for ages, and when I had an accident with some glitter, it was time to get a fresh one. And so when I saw this one in Accessorize I had to have it, it's so pretty!

The Make Up Bag
1. L'OrĂ©al True Match Foundation In 'Ivory' - £9.99 Boots
2. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer In 'Fair' - £4.19 Boots
3. High Beam - £19.50 Benefit Cosmetics
4. They're Real! Mascara - £19.50 Benefit Cosmetics
5. Rimmel's Kate Moss Matte Lipstick In '107' - £5.49 Boots
6. Topshop Lipstick In 'Whimsical' - £8 Topshop
7. Real Techniques Foundation Brush - £9.99 Boots
8. Maybelline Master Precise Liner - £5.99 Superdrug
9. Clear Mascara And Eyebrow Definer - £4.19 Barry M
10. Bourjois Cream Blush In 'Nude Velvet' - £7.99 Boots
11. Natural Collection Blusher In 'Peach Melba' - £1.99 Boots
12. Garnier Perfect Blur Primer - £12.99 Boots
13. Gosh Brow Kit - £8.49 Superdrug
14. Tweezers - £8 The Vintage Cosmetic Company

I carry my everyday make up essentials with me in my make up bag, and it's a bit of a shock some of the products are more expensive than my actual handbag! I'm always late and so I usually find myself applying my make up either in the car, on public transport or in somebody else's house. So having all my make up in my bag is very important to me. I start with my Garnier primer which feels like velvet when I apply it to my skin! It really does do a good job of blurring my pores. I'm quite pale, and therefore a lot of foundations look a bit orange on me, but true match in 'Ivory' is perfect! The real techniques brush helps with application but if I'm on the go, I'll just use my fingers. The Collection 2000 concealer has had a lot of hype, and when my Boi-ing concealer by Benefit ran out, I purchased this instead. High Beam is my fave beauty product, I love is so much! I just dab a little on my brow bones, cheek bones and cupid's bow, and it works a treat. Also this product has lasted me ages! They're Real! mascara is great and really does lengthen lashes. I am bloody awful with applying liquid eyeliner, and so I will only ever use them in the form of a felt tip pen, and my Maybelline one really makes life easier for me! When it comes to my eyebrows, I must have my tweezers on me at all times! This brow kit by Gosh is a great dupe for the Benefit one, and has everything I need including a little mirror. I prefer filling in my eyebrows with powder to using a pencil, as I find I has a more natural effect. I finish my brows with the Barry M clear gel which keeps them neat and tidy. I carry around two blushers, my trusty Natural Collection blush which is such a bargain, I've been buying this product for years! I've tried other colours, but 'Peach Melba' is my favourite and it looks so subtle and nice. If I'm going for a more dewy look with my make up, I'll use my Bourjois cream blush. I've already talked about my Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in a previous post, and this is more of an evening colour. My Topshop lipstick in 'Whimsical' is such a pretty shade, and perfect for the day!

That brings the total worth of my bag and it's contents £210.55!

Given that the average worth of women's handbag and it's contents is more that £850, I'm pretty happy with my total. Although I haven't added the price of my iPhone as it's on a monthly contract, but still that would not bring my total up to anywhere near £850! However my total is still a large sum of money, I could by a festival ticket with that! 

If you would like to find out more information about this competition and enter yourself  please visit http://www.moneysupermarket.com/home-insurance/competitions/whats-in-your-handbag

I hope you enjoyed getting an insight into what I carry around in my handbag, and now the only question remains; what's in your bag?

17 comments:

  1. Hey, love your blog, this post is so so good! Please check out mine and see what ya think! www.chloescatwalk.blogspot.co.uk Thanks babz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post, i love watching inside the bags, lol :)
    im gonna check out the contest.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your make-up bag and notebook are so cute! I've recently bought a little one to jot down blog ideas too. :)

    Heather xx

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so useful to carry round, and I love pretty notebooks :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Love the bag!

    frombesidethesea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that bag is from Matalan! I love the paperchase notebook :) I get very excited when it comes to paperchase and stationary (geek)
    Abi x
    http://alittleabstract.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was suprised as I never really go in there! Haha same, I could spend a terrible amount on nice stationary!
      x

      Delete
  6. That's such a cool blog post !!!
    I nominated you for the Liebster award because I love your blog it's just too nice ! ♥

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks, I'll check this out! :)
      x

      Delete
  7. Hello Bloggers!
    Im a masters student and I need bloggers to help me with my research!
    Please take just 5 min to fill out this survey. It will be a big help! :)

    https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_enaIMs6a2mA3owd

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the bag and the make up bag!

    ReplyDelete