Sunday, 16 June 2013

Review: Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush In 'Nude Velvet'



Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush In 'Nude Velvet' - £7.99

There's been quite a fuss over these little cream blush pots from Bourjois, and after seeing them over at Katie's Beauty Blog back in May, they were on the top of my wish list! Last month, I purchased 'Nude Velvet', a lovely soft apricot shade with no shimmer like some of the other shades available, and have been using it ever since. I love that English rose complexion of peaches and cream, and if you have pale skin like me then this shade should compliment you well! I've always used powder blushes with a brush, and have had some bad experiences with cheek stains (I should mention I am extremely clumsy!) so I was a little apprehensive about using a cream blush, and how messy application would be. Fortunately, it is very easy to apply, I just use my fingers and the little mirror is very helpful for top ups, though I feel the product has quite good staying power. The consistency reminds me somewhat of a primer, it's a cream but feels like velvet once applied. This is definitely a good blush for summer, as it feels very fresh and dewy on my skin, compared to powder blushes which sometimes don't give such a natural effect. I love the packaging, it is so cute! The mirror is useful, and I really like that it shuts with magnets, as this prevents any mishaps in my make up bag! The only negative thing I have to say about this blusher is the size, I would definitely appreciate more product for £7.99, but I'll just have to see how long it lasts me before I complain. This cream blusher is a summer must-have and I love the beautiful soft peach colour! If this shade isn't for you, it also comes in 'Healthy Glow', 'Rose Tender' and 'Sweet Cherry'.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to buy some of these, may have to try this once since I have such pale skin.

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 01 is a really pretty colour for pale skin! And it fits nicely into my make up bag :)

      Delete