Thursday, 23 May 2013

Review: Rimmel's Kate Moss Matte Lipstick In '107'



Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick '107' - £5.49

This has got to be one of my favourite lipsticks, and it's no wonder this shade sold out when this range first landed back in October 2012, it's absolutely perfect! I have a real problem with lipsticks, I love them but unfortunately I get dry lips very easily, so I usually stick with Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips (£1.99) which keeps my lips hydrated and gives them a nice pink tint. After spying this beautiful mulberry shade I was disappointed to learn it was matte, as I've had bad experiences with ultra-drying matte lipsticks. However, after hearing great things about this lipstick, I decided to take the risk and I'm so happy I did! It's extremely comfortable to wear and feels nourishing on the lips, and although it is matte the consistency isn't compromised at all, in fact it feels more velvety than other lipsticks I own. It certainly lives up to it's name of 'Lasting Finish' as I find I only have to re-apply it once or twice on a night out, whereas with other red lipsticks I'm constantly having to top them up every time I pass a mirror. Another thing I love about this is it smells of watermelon as you apply it, which I've noticed with other Rimmel lipsticks too, and I'm a real sucker for fruity smelling products! I know this lipstick has been out for a while, but I feel it is a classic dark shade and a real bargain for the price. If you haven't got your hands on this lippy yet I'd definitely check it out, and if dark red isn't your thing they have four other gorgeous shades in the range to choose from- 101 a rosy light pink, 110 a light orange red, 111 a vibrant postbox red, and 113 a pale nude shade. These lipsticks deliver long-lasting colour, without drying your lips out with their matte finish, and at just a fraction of the price of other high end products, what's not to love?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! The way you set out the picture of your lips is so cute!
    x
    http://thepalettee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete